Monday, July 18, 2011

Is it ok to be lazy, I cant seem to find anything that I'd like to do for the rest of my life.?

I grew up on the beaches of the warm east coast of South Africa. Some people say that i'm too relaxed, my Dad says if I were any more relaxed, I'd fall asleep. I have a 'cruisey', laid back nature, appropriately, I have the over grown hair and surf board to compliment it. I'm going to be 25 in november and I have an honors degree in graphic design. My problem is that I can't seem to muster any sort of enthusiasm for anything other than what I want to do. I've always been one to enjoy the simpler things in life (I mean things like surfing, good friends, good music etc etc, NOT weed or other crap like that), but lately it's dawned upon me that perhaps i'm just stone cold lazy. I'm not gonna beat around the bush with this, I do not like work, unfortunately, all the things I do enjoy are more like hobbies, there's not much chance at making a living out of them. And i'm not particularly talented at any one thing, so, not much option to specialize. So I don't really know what to do with myself. Please if you don't have anything helpful or insightful to say, I would appreciate that you keep your comments to yourself, because if you're thinking i'm just a lazy beach bum who needs to to grow up and take responsibility for himself, then believe me, you wouldn't be telling me anything I haven't heard a thousand times before. Thanks to all of you who actually did have a worth while comment or suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment