Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Going to a rape counselor for the first time, what should i say?

im really nervous im 16 years old female, i told my guidance counselor that i was raped 2 years ago but im pretty much over it now except i still get bothered by it some days and the man lives in my town so sometimes his presence triggers bad emotions. im pretty insightful about my own situation, i didnt think i needed to see a therapist because i usually can work out my problems but the other night i woke up with my hands around my throat and realized i tried to choke myself in my sleep. i told my guidance counselor and she recommended i see a rape therapist because it's bothering me subconsciously. my first meeting is tomorrow, what should i do/say? how do i go about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment